[Vorbis-dev] How to register on trac.xiph.org?

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Jan 8 09:30:00 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just wanted to submit a patch for libao on http/::trac.xiph.org. The page
> tells me:
>
>  "If you would like to report a bug or request a feature, please add a
> ticket."
>
> with a link. When I follow that link, it asks me for a username & password.
> Same for the "login" button, of course. However, I have not been able to
> figure our where and how I would go about creating / requesting a login in
> order to file a report.

Hm, there should be a registration link, though we just migrated it to
a new server and something may very well have gotten screwed up.  I'll
go look; Trac is surprisingly annoying to set up properly...

> Was it always like that? I am pretty sure that I filed bug reports via trac
> before without any problems... In any case, it seems like a very bad idea to
> make it impossible (or at least, difficult...) for non-project members to
> report bugs or submit patches... :-(.

Up until last June it was wide open and anyone could post, but there
was a new surge of spam and Trac gives you no way of removing spam
aside from and editing the SQL database.  We tenatively decided that
moving off of Trac would be a future priority, but in the meantime we
made it login-only.

Monty