[Vorbis-dev] Floor1 posts flag

Eldhelrim eldhelrim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 12:54:12 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm having problems to understand one thing in the floor1 encode and inverse
functions in libvorbis 1.2.3 (I haven't had time to update myself to 1.3.1).
There are some bitwise-and operations involving the floor posts, with 0x7fff
and 0x8000, but I can't get to understand what's exactly their purpose... as
far as I understand, that most significant bit is some kind of flag, but
what exactly is it marking? I mean, what is the difference between a post
with that bit set, and a post with the bit unset?

Thank you.