[Vorbis-dev] any optimizations possible in OGG or vorbis to reduce time?

Sumit Chatterjee getsumit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:44:32 PDT 2009

I dont understand exactly the terms that you have asked. Basically if I have
a continuous stream to be sent out - a computational delay of 50-100ms is
still manageable.

Regarding my platform:
   - its on Windows and my encode is running under realtime priority.
   - my audio capture is every 500ms.
   - And my OGG container is reduced to 2KB. So a min of 6KB data is flushed
out after every ~600ms from the encoder

I basically want to reduce the encoding time to generate a packet of 6KB
from 200-300 ms to <100ms always, so that I can support least setup latency
in my radio application.

Thanks
Sumit