[Vorbis-dev] Cover art

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 07:21:31 PDT 2009

2009/3/26 Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org>:
> 2009/3/26 Goran Markovic <skromnibog at gmail.com>:
>
>> I am developing tagging support for ogg vorbis in Nero products and we are
>> currently thinking of supporting cover art in ogg files. What is the current
>> state of proposal for cover art in ogg files? Is
>> this http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment#Cover_art still the latest
>> information?
>
> As far as I know, yes. Let us know what you think.

I think the sample file provided is incorrect, oggz-validate on it results in:
serialno -1295842600: granulepos 0 on page with no completed packets, must be -1
serialno -1295842600: granulepos 0 on page with no completed packets, must be -1
serialno -1295842600: granulepos 0 on page with no completed packets, must be -1
serialno -1295842600: granulepos 0 on page with no completed packets, must be -1
serialno -1295842600: granulepos 0 on page with no completed packets, must be -1
WARNING: size parsing failed for VORBIS mode packets

I think the "size parsing failed" error is due to a missing framing
bit, but would have to check the header more carefully.  The
granulepos 0 errors are probably due to the comment packet not being
split up correctly (the pages carrying fragments before the end should
be granulepos -1), but I don't have a page pulling tool handy to
check.

--
imalone