[Vorbis-dev] vorbisenc creates silent ogg files on ARM EABI

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Mar 15 13:38:43 PDT 2009

Martin Guy wrote:

> Hi
>   Sorry, the reason I joined the list is for help finding a bug that
> occurs when libvorbisenc is compiled and run on ARM EABI systems
> (current Debian, Gentoo, OpenEmbedded etc).
>   The symptom is that oggenc produces shorter ogg files than it should
> (about 1/2 size) that decode to the correct duration but of total
> silence.
>
> libvorbis/examples/encoder_example does the same on these systems, but
> speex (which also uses libogg) is fine and the ogg structure of the
> files seems ok, so I'm looking into libvorbisenc.
>
> Here's the Debian bug with gory details: http://bugs.debian.org/515949
> which follows on into the xiph tracker https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1526

Has anyone actually run the (tiny and far from complete) test suite
on one of these platfroms which give weird results?

Unfortunately the test suite is only available in the current SVN
version.

    svn  co http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis
    cd  vorbis
    ./autogen.sh --disable-docs
    make
    make check

It wouldn't surprise me if the bug you are seeing is a bug that has
been  fixed some time ago in SVN.

Erik