[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Mar 10 11:16:36 PDT 2009

I guess my last email was too long and so nobody read it, let me just
repeat the central points :)

Am 07.03.2009 um 10:44 schrieb Max Horn:

> To specify an output directory, use this (to specify "build"):
>
> htlatex $< "Vorbis_I_spec" "" "-dbuild/"
>
> The trailing slash is essential! So is the empty "". Combined with
> the above:
>
> htlatex $< "Vorbis_I_spec" "" "-dbuild -cdvipng"

-> this could be used to improve the build system, and resolve the
problems with "make distclean". It also would make it easier to
"bundle up" the built HTML docs.

[...]

The following speaks for itself...

>> * Fix long psuedocode lines so the pdf is readable; either shrink the
>> font or wrap the lines
>
> You can set a smaller font by modifying
> \fvset{tabsize=4,fontsize=\small}
> E.g. use this to get a smaller font, plus automatic line numbers on
> the left side:
> \fvset{tabsize=4,fontsize=\scriptsize,numbers=left}
>
> I attached a patch which does that and also cleans up the preamble
> in Vorbis_I_spec.tex abit.

[...]

>> * Improve psuedocode layout and variable notation
>
> One package I personally like is algoritmicx. I whipped up a quick
> example, together with a question on the render_line algo ... :).
> See here:
> * http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/mini-algo.tex
> * http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/mini-algo.pdf
> * http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/mini-algo.html
> (the HTML version suffers from "wrong" indention on the line
> numbers, but I believe that could be fixed).

Any feedback on this? If people like it, I could work on translating
all algorithms. Take a look at the source, too.

Or maybe you prefer a more "basic" approach, then I could still work
on that (e.g. by reducing the indention level and wrapping some lines,
one could probably make most of the pseudo code reasonably readable.
Not great, but better.)

But I need to know what you guys want, as I don't like wasting my
scarce time for no good :-).

Bye,
Max