[Vorbis-dev] Splitting Ogg Vorbis file

Timur Elzhov elzhov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:45:45 PDT 2009

Hi Monty!

2009/6/29  <xiphmont at xiph.org>:
> Two packets are needed to produce audio, not three.  The granule
> position lists the first sample that will be produced from the
> subsequent two packets.

Then we're coming back to initial post, where the comment from vcut.c is quoted:

/* We need to do the following:
 *   - Save the final two packets in the stream to temporary buffers.
 *     These two packets then become the first two packets in the 2nd stream
 *     (we need two packets because of the overlap-add nature of vorbis).
 */

So why they copy two last packets at the start of second file, when
one packet would be enough according to your statement?
Thanks.

--
WBR,
Timur.