[Vorbis-dev] Replay Gain in Vorbis

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Jun 22 08:22:01 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Conrad Parker<conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:

> 2009/6/22 Martin Leese <martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org>:
>> Wasn't sure whether to post this to <vorbis-dev>
>> or <vorbis>.  Have settled on <vorbis-dev>.
>>
>> Where can I find details on how to encode
>> Replay Gain into Vorbis files?
>>
>> On the Wikipedia page at:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_Gain
>>
>> it states:
>>   "FLAC and Ogg Vorbis use the
>>    REPLAYGAIN_* comment fields."
>>
>> but I can't find any reference to Replay Gain in
>> the VorbisComment references.  On:
>> http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment
>>
>> I found a link to:
>> http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tagging.html
>>
>> but this page looks like it has been hacked.
>
> I found a mirror at:
>
> http://age.hobba.nl/audio/mirroredpages/ogg-tagging.html

Mirror looks a lot better than the previous link.
However, the mirror doesn't include details of
how to encode Replay Gain into Vorbis.

If Replay Gain is being used in the wild and by
ogg123 (possibly only in beta) then how to
encode it into Vorbis must be documented
somewhere.  Please, where?

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org