[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools 1.3.0 BETA - Help testing.

Michael Gold mgold at ncf.ca
Mon Jan 5 12:05:11 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 10:14:14 -0800, Michael Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Michael Gold <mgold at ncf.ca> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:27:28 -0800, Michael Smith wrote:
> >> Just copying pages where possible would be a good feature though.
> >
> > Do you remember what the pathological cases were? The only one I can
> > think of is when header and non-header data are contained in the same
> > page. My patched version can't handle that, but running the file through
> > vcut should fix it.
>
> That's the obvious case. It'd probably be acceptable to just return a
> failure code in this case (doing the wrong thing wouldn't be ok, of
> course).

vcedit_open will return an error in this case (as read_headers will
detect the problem and fail).

> Also, if the number of header pages changes, you can't _just_ copy the
> subsequent pages, you need to renumber and re-checksum them (for which
> there was no public API - not sure if that's changed?). That's
> fixable, of course.

libogg exports ogg_page_checksum_set, which re-checksums a page. I added
a static function in vcedit.c to set the page number -- this could
easily be moved into libogg, assuming it's not a problem to have
vcedit.c require the latest library version.

-- Michael