[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools 1.3.0 BETA - Help testing.

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Jan 2 10:27:28 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
<ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Beta 4 is here[1].
>
> Is there any reason why vorbiscomment rebuilds pages from
> packets, rather than just copying pages ?

Originally I wrote it that way because
  1. I'm pretty sure that there are pathological cases you have to do
like that, so it was easier to implement only that mode.
  2. It also then doubles as a good basic 'ogg vorbis repair' tool
(and nothing else existed at the time to do that).

Just copying pages where possible would be a good feature though.

Mike