[Vorbis-dev] [rfc] Order of projects in download section

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 16:41:55 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Sebastian Pipping
<webmaster at hartwork.org> wrote:
> I'm actually quite confused that people seriously
> consider sorting the list based on dependencies or
> importance.  Is that list a place where people
> learn anything new?  In such a list I expect
> people to search for something, like I did.
> That's why I felt order could help as it
> can drastically speed up searching.
>
> If there's consensus that sorting is not wanted
> let's keep it unsorted.

When I saw your message I almost replied saying that I prefer a
'logical' grouping rather than alphabetic. (Also, were it alphabetic
I'd prefer to classify libvorbis as 'V'). But I recognized this as
unimportant shed-painting. The order on the page is not particularly
important. I'm happy to let people who care select it.  I'm glad to
know that I'm not alone in preferring some other order, though.