[Vorbis-dev] Upgrade Doc to DocBook 5.0?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Feb 7 20:34:22 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to ask what you all would think of me upgrading the libvorbis
> doc from whatever version of DocBook it presently uses to DocBook 5.0.
>  There are three good reasons:
>
> - [DocBook 5] supports XML namespaces, so you can embed stuff like Scalable
> Vector Graphics and MathML right into your DocBook source.

Well, one can do that with html too. I still think HTML is a better
choice these days, but I don't object to upgrading the docbook version
if you want to do that.

There are only a couple of equations (which is why it's not in latex
like the theora spec) so converting them to mathml would be
straightforward. Unfortunately we've lost the original (xfig) vector
versions of the figures, so they'd have to be redrawn to produce svg
versions.

 -r