[Vorbis-dev] Urgent Doubt in VORBIS

Sumit Chatterjee getsumit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:44:54 PDT 2009

Hey Mike,
       Sorry its actually 4am in the morning, so my brain isnt working that
much. Here goes the explanation:
      Step 1: raw sample --> encode. Here while encoding , as I get packets,
I record the granulepos used up for that packet, which gives me the pcm
consumed.
      Step 2: The packet and pcm are sent to another program through
sockets, wherein the received packet is decoded.
      Step 3: The decoded pcm size is matched with the  pcm size sent
corresponding to the encoded packet.

      Also to add to the details: I have changed the buffering mechanism of
OGG container to 2KB from 4KB

The basic problem is in Step 1, where I feel, I may have to deduct an offset
in the beginning before using the granulepos structure element - is it so?

Thanks
Sumit