[Vorbis-dev] How do I start using Vorbis Codec?

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sat Aug 22 05:47:56 PDT 2009

2009/8/22 Niranjan Udipi <ucniranjan at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
>      I have downloaded the Vorbis Codec source code for Windows. How do I
> compile, build and run it? Do I need VisualC compiler for that? Also, please
> tell me how do I test it?

Are you familiar with Microsoft's compilers, and do you recognize what
do with the files in the win32 folder of the vorbis source? If not we
may need to add some extra instructions for WIndows builds, but please
first explain what you have tried.

>      Is there a easier way of accomplishing the above in Linux?

The way described in the README file is fairly standard; whether it is
easier or not depends on what you are used to. Does the text in that
file help you with compiling, building, running and testing the vorbis
codec?

Conrad.