[Vorbis-dev] Ogg Vorbis on iPhone?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:10:09 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Zack Morris <zmorris at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi All, I've been doing a lot of cross platform work lately, getting Ogg Vorbis to run on Mac and PC, but haven't been able to find a readily available version of libogg and libvorbis for iPhone.  I see a macosx target in the SVN trunk but not an iphone one.  I found these links with some background:
>
> http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/theora-dev/2008-October/003719.html
> http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17095
>
> The problem is that I've never been very good with makefiles etc.  Right now I'm using xcode with frameworks on Mac and mingw with DLLs on PC.  Does anyone have an update to 1.2.2 with a target for iPhone, or would you guys consider making one for iPhone (or other ARM platforms)?

Someone came into IRC recently asking questions about the performance
on iphone because it was slow for him. We convinced him to use the
fixed point version of the decoder and he had it running quite well.
Unfortunately he didn't offer up any project files. :(  But at least I
can tell you that it can be made to work! :)