[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools patches (was: Cover art)

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:12:49 PDT 2009

2009/4/2 Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com>:

> If no-one is keen then I'll take the vorbiscomment and ogginfo
> patches.  They are lower priority than actually updating the wiki, but
> I might be able to do that this evening.

Adding a -s option to ogginfo and vorbiscomment to hide
METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE contents

git://github.com/imalone/imalone_vorbis-tools.git
binaryskip branch
commits
9f8f30b vorbiscomment
5f4d68b ogginfo

Both use the a sentinel terminated list of comments to skip, ogginfo
still displays the tag name as "*skipped:NAME".

If these are okay I'll check them in, yet to add strncasecmp to the
configure checks.

On the subject of actual tools for adding and extracting art, I'm
still undecided whether adding this to vorbiscomment or having a new
(separate) tool is better.  I'd like to use libpng and libjpeg to get
the image data for the FLAC block (and check type), so possibly best
to add an external tool.  Was going to model options on metaflac's
options, but it takes user specified height, width etc. which would
conflict with the spec.

base64 library: if it goes in the tools, which are GPL, then any of
the GPL, BSD, MIT licensed ones would do.  I've been unable to find
one that is designed to deal explicitly with ASCII codes though (they
all attempt to interpret base64 in local charset, e.g. can interpret
as EBCDIC).  I do have my own now, but it's obviously not as well
tested as the others.

--
imalone