[Vorbis-dev] How can I get the precise play time of the ogg vorbis file?

隽 徐 china_xujun at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Apr 8 02:35:31 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a question about the ogg vorbis decoder. As far as I know, there are three vorbis headers -- ID, Comment and Codebook. And in ID header, I can get the sample rate, maximum bitrate, nominal bitrate and minimum bitrate. Now, I want to get the play time of the file, so I use the file length to divide the nominal bitrate, and get the play time, but it is always shorter than the real time. So I want to know how to get the precise play time of the ogg vorbis file?

By the way, why many files don't set the maximum bitrate and minimum bitrate?

Thank you very much.

Susan