[Vorbis-dev] Cover art

Mathias Kunter mathiaskunter at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 4 02:33:38 PDT 2009

>Sorry, will send you a replacement. Yours checks out okay.

OK, thank you. I've linked both files within the wiki now (whereby my test file is encoded with my self-written paging algorithm which creates maximum-sized ogg pages, which could be interesting for other developers as a test case).

I think we can remove the "VorbisComments don't officially support album cover art yet" from the wiki and make the new proposal "official" now? It would make sense to do this before we contact the other software developers about the new format for embedded cover art.

There also should be a note on the wiki about backwards compatibility with the COVERART field:
A program SHOULD also expect to find an old COVERART comment within a file when reading it, but MUST only use the new METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE comment when writing back to the file and SHOULD therefore also delete the existing COVERART comment from the file (in order to avoid duplicating the embedded picture within the file, of course).

Mathias