[Vorbis-dev] Cover art

Mathias Kunter mathiaskunter at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 2 23:36:34 PDT 2009

>http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment#Proposal:_METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE

>If anyone wants to shoot holes in it now's the time.

Thank you, I think this is a really good start. I'm going to update the test file on my server this afternoon.
I've moved the old COVERART field description down so that the new proposal is on top :-)

>> Who is responsible for updating the specs at http://xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html ?
>
>Probably Monty or Ralph, though they don't really need to be changed
>at this point (OggKate has developed as a standard purely hosted on
>the wiki).

Well OK, but wouldn't it help to update this specification too in order to speed up the acceptance of the new format?
I think we also should inform the developers of existing software which uses the old COVERART field (as soon as I've updated the test file on my server, I don't have access to it right now) so that they can move on to the new format.

Mathias