[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Apr 1 01:32:37 PDT 2009

I don't like beating a dead horse, but...

On that release holdup... Would be nice if at least the documentation
part of it was cleared... And I'd still like to see a new release of
libvorbis, so that I don't have to package either buggy or prerelease
software... :).

eat my question from the very first email in this thread: What
(besides issues with the spec, see below) is holding up a libvorbis
release? :)

As for the specs:

Since Erik seems to like my algo examples and apparently nobody else
hated it enough to reply, I hope it will be OK to move along with
conversion of algorithms at some point (e.g. after my PhD thesis
defense in two weeks ;). Also, Ralph didn't reply as to whether he
wants to cleanup the build system, so if that hasn't happened till
then, I'll take a look at it, too.

In particular, Ralph wrote this in a previous email:

> Right now, I'd consider these issues with the spec release critical:
>
> * Resolve ambiguous floor 0 LSP formulae
> * Install/dist the generated png files for the html spec
> * Fix long psuedocode lines so the pdf is readable; either shrink the
> font or wrap the lines

I still can't say anything about the first point, and would really
*really* hope some experienced Vorbis hacker could finally resolve
this. The other two I could take care of. Many of the none-release
critical problems *in the specs* Ralph listed are fixed / I can fix,
too.

Cheers,
Max