[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools 1.3.0 BETA - Help testing.

Michael Gold mgold at ncf.ca
Sat Sep 27 20:37:52 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 20:52:47 +0100, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> Dear vorbis-dev lurkers, I bring you the first beta release of
> vorbis-tools 1.3.0.  It has quite a few new features and the final
> version will have even more, so I am sure it is to everyone's benefit
> that it gets as much tested as possible so we can do a quick release.

While testing vcut I occasionally run into a problem with oggenc where
two output files end up with the same serial number because they were
encoded in the same second. I've filed this in trac:
  https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1432

There's a patch attached to that ticket to use (time(NULL) ^ getpid())
as the RNG seed, which fixes the problem (and is the same thing I do in
my new vcut patch) -- but I'm not sure how portable it is.

-- Michael