[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools 1.3.0 BETA - Help testing.

e deleflie edeleflie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:31:49 PDT 2008

Hi Vorbis-dev,

I've been on this list for a couple of weeks, but its been quiet, so I
dont know who is who.

My name is Etienne Deleflie, I am the creator of www.ambisonia.com,
and I am (together with the Ambisonic community) looking for a
'delivery format' for Ambisonic data.

There has been a lot of discussion on the sursound list (and even more
off-list) about how Ambisonics could be wrapped into Vorbis compressed
streams. A group of around 10 of us have been putting together a
'proposal' (given our understanding of Vorbis) of how this could be
done. The aim of this group is to have a coherent front in discussions
with the vorbis-dev people ... to facilitate a reasonable and strong
integration.

Ambisonics is a fast growing field and we really need to cement a
strong, open, future proof, Internet friendly delivery format... we
feel Vorbis is a good fit.

Would the Vorbis-dev team be amenable to considering our proposal?

regards
Etienne