[Vorbis-dev] Can Vorbis comment tags be empty ?

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 02:55:13 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've written some code to validate comments passed to libkate,
which happens to use the Vorbis comments format (apart from the
framing bit, which I dumped rather early). While coding this,
I wondered if I should allow empty tags (eg, '=foo').
I had a look at liboggz and vorbiscomment, and they both allow
it (I didn't test vorbiscomment, just looked at the source).
However, vorbiscomment has a comment (eh, eh, er, sorry) that
says there should be at least one valid character. The spec
is unclear about this.

Sorry if this is a bit pedantic :)

Thanks