[Vorbis-dev] Mapping = 1 Ambisonic Vorbis flag

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Sat Sep 13 13:03:52 PDT 2008

On 2008-09-12, Martin Leese wrote:

> No, the Skeleton stream comes ahead of all other streams.

Yes. A non-chained stream, but also ahead of the other ones. I haven't
been clear enough, either: I know that Skeleton stores only the
information that is used to seek rapidly into the composite Ogg stream.
Still I often refer to Skeleton as if it was some sort of general
metadata container which could help unify the semantics of the Ogg
multiplex, across streams. My mistake; it's borne of the fact that no
such general metadata stream exists, and perhaps even *shouldn't* exist.

> Well, the simplest mapping is to let Channel Mapping = 1 signify a
> B-Format Vorbis stream.

Yes. But how do you then tell the receiver that, oh, there's another
stream in the multiplex which carries the oh-so-important dialogue
channel? You do need that capability, in the general setting, and you
need to make it robust enough to really work, without exception.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy at iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2