[Vorbis-dev] gps tags in vorbis comments

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:39:04 PDT 2008

On 9/8/08, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:
> The single tag requires an extra parsing step, so I think it's more
> complicated :-)

What I meant was not in the parsing aspects, but on creating a bunch
of different tags that served the same one purpose.  That seemed like
overcomplicating things to me.

> I'd also guess that the elevation should be optional,
> and it is more easily omitted if it is a separate tag.

If there are optional tags then I guess it makes more sense to have
them all separated as not to confuse applications when those are
omitted.

-Ivo