[Vorbis-dev] gps tags in vorbis comments

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Sep 2 12:48:11 PDT 2008

hi,

Ralph Giles schrieb:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de> wrote:
>
>> is there an official or semiofficial way to store gps location in vorbis
>> comments or any ogg file. mp4 and exif store at least:
>> - location name (e.g. London, UK)
>> - longitude (degree as double), latitude (degree as double), elevation
>> (meters) (these three according to WGS84)
>
> I've never seen a semi official tag. There is an official "Location"
> tag like you have above. Using the Longitude, Latitude and Elevation
> in analogy with exif would be reasonable. Is there a common geotag
> format that would put it all on one line?
>
>  -r

I just defined these as separate tags for gstreamer. the LOCATION vorbistag is
mapped to GST_TAG_GEO_LOCATION_NAME. I would be a bit uneasy with having them in
would be okay.

Stefan

/**
  * GST_TAG_GEO_LOCATION_NAME:
  *
  * human readable descriptive location of where the media has been recorded or
  * produced. (string).
  */
/**
  * GST_TAG_GEO_LOCATION_LATITUDE:
  *
  * geo latitude location of where the media has been recorded or produced in
  * degrees according to WGS84 (zero at the equator, negative values for southern
  * latitudes) (double).
  */
/**
  * GST_TAG_GEO_LOCATION_LONGITUDE:
  *
  * geo longitude location of where the media has been recorded or produced in
  * degrees according to WGS84 (zero at the prime meridian in Greenwich/UK,
  * negative values for western longitudes). (double).
  */
/**
  * GST_TAG_GEO_LOCATION_ELEVATION:
  *
  * geo elevation of where the media has been recorded or produced in meters
  * according to WGS84 (zero is average sea level) (double).
  */