[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis, ambisonics and 'Vorbis Tools'

Richard Lee ricardo at justnet.com.au
Fri Oct 31 03:01:46 PDT 2008

> Nor do I mean to imply I want to 'take this over', just that I want to
fully lend my own shoulders to pushing ahead.

Monty,  one missing item which is entirely within your province and would
benefit other areas or Vorbis is Multichannel Coupling.

Ambi would benefit the most from good Multichannel Coupling cos the high
amount of correlation between channels for direct sounds.  (Diffuse fields
are, by definition, uncorrelated)

Even the schemes used by Dolby Digital, MLP and probably AAC would give
substantial efficiencies.