[Vorbis-dev] Flash/Vorbis: Even more improvements

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Wed Oct 15 02:12:12 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

the code is slowly getting a little bit messy, but at least I've managed
to tweak a lot of performance out of my Vorbis player for Flash. I did
several improvements to the Huffman decoder by eliminating function
calls and managed after a while to create an AS/haXe hybrid player. The
haXe compiler definately produces much more efficient bytecode (at least
in some situations) and the iMDCT function is 2.5-3 faster compiled with
haXe, compared to the code generated by the Adobe compiler. If someone
knows how to generate an SWC library from the haXe code, I would
appreciate some help a lot. At the moment, the haXe code is dynamically
linked into the AS application at runtime.

Overall, the CPU load is getting very acceptable:

http://flash.j-ogg.de/10/

Tor