[Vorbis-dev] Announce: OMTK Javascript Vorbis player

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Sat Nov 1 16:36:05 PDT 2008

Hi again,

well, it's not really true that I can present a pure Javascript Vorbis
player, but I've been playing along with a few ideas I had to put back
last year as it showed that I was not really able to get a proper Vorbis
player working with Flash 9. Now, with Flash 10 and the performance
optimizations I've been able to achieve, it seemed as a good idea to go
on. Basically, I've wrapped some Javascript around both a Flash and a
Java applet player to provide a unified Javascript API to access the
"backend players". The result seem promising and allows Vorbis streams
to be embedded and accessed through a unified Javascript API if the
browser supports either Flash (>=10) or Java (>=5/1.5).

I still have some compatability issues (especially with IE and Safari),
but I've decided to throw out a prerelease demo anyway. Comments and bug
reports are very much welcome.

http://www.omtk.org

Tor