[Vorbis-dev] Patch to compile libvorbis on Windows x64

Markus Ewald cygon at nuclex.org
Tue May 20 01:53:54 PDT 2008

Hi!

I tried to do an x64 build of libvorbis but was stopped by the inline
assembly in lib/os.h.

Attached is a patch that modifies this file so libvorbis will compile
for Windows x64. Tested with Visual C++ 2008 Express (x86_x64 compiler
from current Windows SDK; 15.00.21022.08), seems to be working fine with
no other issues so far.

Important: As you can see in the patch, I also changed the default
implementation for vorbis_ftoi() to do correct rounding with negative
numbers. If this function is only used for positive numbers or the
round-to-greater behavior was intentional, please remove that of my patch!

-Markus-