[Vorbis-dev] base64 ALBUMART vorbiscomment (was Re: [ogg-dev] Ogg/Spots and Ogg/MNG)

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon May 5 08:02:10 PDT 2008

Not that I really like the idea of uuencoded (or similar) images in
vorbis comment
headers or anything, but I just thought you could insert a zero byte
at first character
of a comment, then place the encoded image. That way, most software,
not expecting
a zero in the middle (though totally legal), will just display an
empty content for that
tag. You could also insert not just a zero, but "this tag
intentionally left blank", or
"album art lives here - can you see it ?".
Software that knows where to find it will display it fine.
Still means large headers though.