[Vorbis-dev] ogg.m4 in vorbis/m4 ?

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu May 1 06:10:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've (just now) been playing with a buildbot, building ogg, vorbis,
speex, and theora, using a non-standard prefix on a pretty bare debian
image. I noticed that vorbis was failing during configure while theora
wasn't.

I tracked it down to the location of ogg.m4. There is a copy of ogg.m4
in theora/m4, but there is not one in vorbis/m4. This means that if
you have libogg installed somewhere wierd, you need to tell aclocal
about it (aclocal -I /path/to/ogg.m4); however the autogen.sh has no
way of passing that option through.

Does anyone have any objections to adding a copy of ogg.m4 to the
vorbis/m4 directory?

(afaiu this doesn't affect the release, only svn builds).

Conrad.