[Vorbis-dev] Souffleur project patches

João Mesquita jmesquita at contactnet.com.br
Wed Mar 26 16:43:19 PDT 2008

Dear all,

    It's been a while since I have started to look at the code for
Souffleur that was dropped a couple of years ago by its former
maintainer. I have now a few patches that I would like to be committed
to the trunk of this project if approved.

    I am sorry if the modifications are not aligned with the project's
main purpose but I had no one to talk to about its main goal.
Modifications to the GUI were made and due to that, probably the project
functionality.

    Here is are the patches for each file and what they do so far:

        -> GPlayer.py.diff

                Changes the default playbin video sink to autovideosink
with textoverlay.
                This change was done because GStreamer does not support
all kinds of subtitles yet and I do not expect to be dependent on
GStreamer subtitle support development

        -> MediaInfo.py.diff

                Fixed broken import message

        -> souffleur.glade.diff

                A general GUI cleanup to make it look simpler

        -> Souffleur.py.diff

                Adapted the code to use new GPlayer.py functionality
                Added a gobject.source_remove for update polling
callback when video stream is paused
                Added a new column to the subtitles ListStore to display
subtitle number

    Please beware that I am not an experienced programmer and this is my
first contribution to an opensource project.
    Critiques are more then welcome! :-)

Thank you,

Mesquita