[Vorbis-dev] Lyrics

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 04:28:17 PDT 2008

Hey,

On 7/14/08, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
> A long shot, but would you be
> interested in a patch to do this ?

Sure.  Why wouldn't we want it?

> You obviously don't get a Vorbis I stream though (-> oga).

I think you got that wrong: it's still Vorbis: it's just multiplexed
with Kate (and Skeleton).  It won't, of course, work in most players,
especially HW ones.

While Theora+Skeleton+whatever has been working fine since players
expect multiplexing, most players choke when Vorbis is not presented
as a single stream (thus the use of .oga to avoid problems).

> Also, there is no software that reads those yet :)

Welcome to the beautiful world of free formats!

> I can send the patch if anyone is curious, though it's still
> proof-of-concept

I think it won't be committed in vorbis-tools 1.2.1, but the version
following that.  I'm trying to freeze the current features, not only
to avoid further testing but to help the translators that are working
on the current .pot strings.

And, as usual, thanks a lot for your help in making things happen.

-Ivo