[Vorbis-dev] understanding vorbis

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Jan 29 23:22:11 PST 2008

hi,

I would like to understand better how vorbis works in detail and
studied the code more. I've already added some comments (tiny patch
attached) and wonder if this could be applied to svn.
Before I'd like to extend that patch. Right now I study
lib/envelope.c. The method _ve_amp() returns a combination of flags
1|2|4. 1 seems to indicate that some maximum has been exceeded and 2
the same for the minimum. Do you have suggestion for symbolc constants
here (aka #defines). Any details what this pre/postecho is about?
The result is used in _ve_envelope_search() to set some marks
(ve->mark). Then there is some search in the mark-vector and based on
the vorbis switches between the two mdct parameter sets (small/large).

Thanks for any insight in advance.

Stefan