[Vorbis-dev] vorbis encoding question

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Feb 28 17:08:43 PST 2008

On 29/02/2008, Yuri Jaeger Monti <yurijm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to make a simple program that records and saves the recorded
> audio to an Ogg file on the fly.
> But I can't find some examples and good documentation on encoding Ogg files,
> is there some place or someone know a good way to start with Ogg
> programming? I can decode Ogg files with no problem but I can't encode.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

If you use libvorbisenc and libogg directly, it's not trivial -- you'd
want to check out the source code for oggenc for an example.

I'll offer that you can do it a little more easily using libfishsound
and liboggz:

http://www.annodex.net/software/libfishsound/html/group__encode.html

> The Catholic University at Porto Alegre - PUCRS

are you coming to BOSSA by any chance?

http://www.bossaconference.indt.org/

cheers,

Conrad.