[Vorbis-dev] Re: vorbis-tools 1.2.0 Release Candidate

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:48:23 PST 2008

On 25/02/2008, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I really, really wanted feedback on patched vcut. Can't anyone out
>  > there test it?
>

> Seems to work for me here, on a 32 bit machine :)
>  Very cursory testing though, but with vcutting already vcut files.
>  The results appear and sound fine. 44.1 kHz, 2 channels.

I've found a double vcut case where the round-tripped files[1] are
not equal.  Looking at the difference there is an apparent time offset
for a few seconds after the cut, after which the difference disappears
again. (Unfortunately the file is not one I can distribute freely.)

That said, vcut isn't built by default, is marked as experimental
and I haven't managed to get it to crash or anything like that yet.

[1]
$ vcut source.ogg 1.ogg 2.ogg +(sometime)
$ cat 1.ogg 2.ogg > 1+2.ogg
$ oggdec source.ogg
$ oggdec 1+2.ogg
$ cmp source.wav 1+2.wav
If all is okay then the two waves should compare equal.
This has worked for most things I've tried.

--
imalone