[Vorbis-dev] Re: vorbis-tools 1.2.0 Release Candidate

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:16:30 PST 2008

On 2/22/08, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I got that new version, and I thought I'd fix some of the warnings.

Much appreciated.

> The code's actually interesting, since (as it is in the code now), it takes
> more effort to write it buggily that it would have taken to write it well
> in the first place :)

You are being a bit vague here.  Are you talking of recent work or
code that has been there forever?

> I've heard about a crash on SPARC64, and since sizeof(long) > sizeof(int) on
> that platform

Hopefully Ralph fixed that.  I don't have a SPARC64 either.

> ogginfo works on my (32 bit) machine for theora comments.

Oh, that's accidental, I assure you.  You see, ogginfo was
specifically optimized to work on 64bit SH4 CPUs.  It must have been a
recent patch that made it work on those pesky old 32bit machines you
speak of.

Dreamcast forever!

Seriously now, was it not working for you until you changed "len" to
long?  Or was that change to fix a warning?

-Ivo