[Vorbis-dev] The one thread to solve problems in the Vorbis documentation

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Sun Feb 17 11:03:47 PST 2008

Gregory Maxwell schrieb:
> Hm. I would have read "The granule position of a page represents the
> end PCM sample position of the last packet completed on that page."
> correctly ... data past the middle of the MDCT isn't "PCM samples"
> yet, since they need to be lapped.
That's how I would read it as well. It is important however, that the
last decodable PCM sample is not necessarily the middle sample. If the
last complete Vorbis packet on an Ogg page is a "long block" packet and
the next Vorbis packet is "short block", the last decodable sample would
be at position (3*long_block_length/4) - (short_block_length/4).

Tor