[Vorbis-dev] Re: vorbis-tools 1.2.0 Release Candidate

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sun Feb 10 10:02:44 PST 2008

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you not need this @I18N_LIBS@ flag on 1.1.1?

Speaking of I18N_LIBS, this is dubious (configure.ac):

I18N_CFLAGS='-I$(top_srcdir)/intl'
I18N_LIBS=$INTLLIBS

I18N_CFLAGS shouldn't point to the included libintl unless that's
what we link against.  The way it is above, you risk linking to
some external libintl but compiling against the included headers
which may not be in sync.

Also, if aclocal were run on a system with gettext 0.17, then a
working AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS_BODY macro would be picked up that could
actually detect shared libraries on platforms that use .so.x.y
naming, such as OpenBSD.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de