[Vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools 1.2.0 Release Candidate

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 06:12:10 PST 2008

On 02/02/2008, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure.  Let's call it RC2.  People can grab it from SVN or a handy
> tarball here[1], test it, and provide feedback in the following days.

Two minor issues so far. Trying to encode from ogg to ogg causes it
to use the FLAC module and crash with a floating point exception:
[ian at prometheus ~]$ oggenc 1.ogg -o 2.ogg
Opening with ogg module: Ogg FLAC file reader
Encoding "1.ogg" to
         "2.ogg"
at quality 3.00

Done encoding file "2.ogg"
Floating point exception

[ian at prometheus ~]$

Not sure I'll have time to debug this in the near future, but assume
it will be a missing stream type check.

vorbiscomment can't handle files containing Skeleton, though
oggenc can now encode them.  I think I had a patch for that
a while back.  Oggenc still produces .ogg without skeleton by
default, time to change?

--
imalone