[Vorbis-dev] libvorbis 1.2.2 RC1

Michael Gold mgold at ncf.ca
Wed Dec 17 16:13:18 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 23:34:38 +0000, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> I believe a compromise would be to add padding as an option for the
> time being to avoid breaking the API and, later perhaps, make it the
> default.  Regarding the padding value, maybe make 256 bytes the
> default (same way -q3 is the default for Vorbis encoding) and
> optionally allow for a custom value.
>
> Michael, would you like to rewrite the patch(es) to take this in account?

I'm working on it, but it'll be a patch to oggenc instead of libvorbis
unless someone can think of a good way to extend the libvorbis API.

The logical way to handle that would be to add a new 'padding' field to
the vorbis_comment struct, but it would be difficult to do without
breaking the ABI since old apps would still be using the original
struct -- and defining a new struct would mean defining new functions
that accept that struct.

-- Michael