[Vorbis-dev] vs2005 project file output dir inconsistency

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Sat Apr 12 19:08:47 PDT 2008

Andrew Chew wrote:
> I just checked out trunk/vorbis to build the latest libvorbis, and
> noticed an inconsistency in the project settings.
>
> For the two build configurations Debug and Release, we have as the
> Output Directory "$(SolutionDir)$(ConfigurationName)", and the
> Intermediate Directory "Debug". ("Release" for the Release configuration)
>
> However, for the two build configurations Release_SSE and Release_SSE2,
> Output Directory is "$(ConfigurationName)" and Intermediate Directory is
> also "$ConfigurationName)".
>
> How come this is inconsistent?  If this is unintentional, which one
> should we use?  I'll be happy to supply a patch to fix this up.

Several people have worked on these files over time including me.
I didn't touch SSE stuff at all but changes other things so part of
the guilt if not all might be mine.

I agree we should be consistent. We also have hard-coded "debug"
and "release" strings here and there, at places where
$(ConfigurationName) might not work, but I'm not sure and don't
have time for "research" right now. In case you can have a look
before me please share your insights with me (and the list),
I will do the same. Thanks for bringing this topic up here.

Sebastian