[Vorbis-dev] New patches to Souffleur

João Mesquita jmesquita at contactnet.com.br
Tue Apr 8 17:32:34 PDT 2008

Hello all,

	I am really excited to post these new patches since a lot of things
have been done to the software lately. I know, I still have to write a
README file but I am struggling to get a "basic" functional version out
before I can concentrate efforts on documentation (I know, not the best
practice).

	Anyway, here we go with the diffs and its comments:

 * MediaInfo.py.diff

	Probably the greatest modification of all. This has been remodeled to
use the Discover module of gst's python bindings. Framerate calculation
is now possible and media streams now have a lot more information. I
guess anyone interested will realize that this code is simpler and
cleaner.
	Other then that, the old implementation caused some nasty Seg Faults
while exiting. Have not looked into the cause of it since makes no sense
to do things like it was being done.

 * souffleur.glade.diff

	Anyone interested on actually running Souffleur will notice the
difference. A new GUI concept was developed. Panes can be hidden and
soon, detachable.

* Souffleur.py.diff

	Oh dear, where should I start...

	- videowidget initial size is now set according to media information
and can be correctly resized
	- Introduce new GUI concept of hiding panes
	- Add new callbacks for improving usability of the subtitle pane
		* Double-click seeks media
		* Single click edits the subtitle
	- Prepared GUI for "edit mode" and "online mode"
		* The idea behind this is that subtitles are always done in 5 stages.
First we transcript, second translate, third spotting and forth timing
and fith review. "Editing mode" will be good for everything but
reviewing. "Online mode" will make the subtitles move according to the
movie on the TreeView and on TextView, but TextView won't be sensitive
at this time.
	- Subtitle editing is done in real-time (a few bugs need fix here)
	- New framerate calculation and display in realtime
	- Added new stream information display on Project Pane

 * Subtitles.py.diff

	- Started to remodel so we can support other formats
	- Why should we update the whole list when editing the sub text? Added
a new method for doing that nicely.

 * streams.py and oggStreams.py were removed since they are no longer
needed.

I guess that's it for now. More soon!

Regards,

Mesquita