[Vorbis-dev] Clarification on MIME types

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 15:21:17 PDT 2007

Ivo,

I think there is a difference between us and the W3C using a
un-registered MIME type. Thus I would be careful to assume the IETF
will just accept it. They may have suggestions for how to better
achieve what we are trying to do.

I have checked out the links you put up and cannot find the section
where it says that they like to see the standards MIME types in use
before registration. So, I'd be careful.

They now have a sped-up process for registering MIME types through
that online form, so once the RFC is ratified (which could be done
within a few months), it will all be ok.

Right now, I would suggest to put our efforts on getting that RFC
done, so the process can start.

Regards,
Silvia.