[Vorbis-dev] Clarification on MIME types

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 08:24:39 PDT 2007

I have other concerns:

* Do we need different RFCs for Ogg and Annodex, or does it all go
together?  I'm working on a single RFC, but trying to describe it all
in the Introduction is somewhat complex due to their different nature.

* The new MIME types for Vorbis et al are to be used only when within
Ogg; what about RTP?  Do RTP streams need a different MIME type too?
Or do they already have one?

* Josh did not reply to my message on Flac-dev if he would like us to
try and register audio/flac as Ralph suggested on the wiki.  Does
application/flac stay?

On 8/29/07, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ivo: I have done these RFCs before, so please put the copies of the
> draft RFCs that you are working on into svn so we can all share in
> their development. They should be treated no different to code.

Alright, I'll just try to clean it up a bit more before committing to
SVN.  I'm using RFC 4329 as a starting template, because it deals with
a similar issue, and I'd like to use the same technical jargon.

-Ivo