[Vorbis-dev] Donations to Xiph

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Sun Oct 21 05:36:43 PDT 2007

I have a few thoughs and questions about donating to
Xiph that I hop you have a minute for. Here we go:

== "Who donated what" list ==
As it seems we don't have a "Who donated what" list.
I thought creating such a list could increase motivation
to donate to some parties. What I currently have in mind
would be to start listing donations from now on below
the current content on [1], listing only the latest ~30
donations so the page doesn't get too slow too load
and people have a reason to donate again :-)
We could list what amount was donated or not?
We could "sell" links on that page for extra cash or not?

== Making needs public ==
I was wondering if it is a good idea to make our needs
public if we have concrete numbers like other pages
are doing. Like "out servers takes x dollars per month"
or "new harddiscs x dollards" or ..

== Input/output optimizations ==
Feel free to invite me meetings about input/output
optimizations discussing questions like "should we buy
x or y". I am "optimizer inside(tm)", feel free to make
use of that ;-)

== Programming deal ==
I am currently discussing a tiny deal about extending
one of my Winamp plugins for a 10 USD donation to Xiph
in return. If that works out I will have to check if
he paid - how do we do this?

Sebastian

[1] http://xiph.org/donate/