[Vorbis-dev] Re: libao ready for release

BeN [F1233 121D3R] sashipa.ben at free.fr
Thu May 24 10:06:03 PDT 2007

Fabio wrote:
> Some questions:
> * why call it 0.8.8, when 0.8.7 was not yet released?

My mistake I saw a 0.8.7 in the CHANGES I have just incremented ...

> * CHANGES file miss some changes from previous version, e.g. the new pulseaudio plugin replacing polyp;

Well fill free to edit as I am new on the project I don't really know
what is up-to-date or not.

> * what about a longer rc period? It's only less than 1 hour (and the previous release was over 2 year ago);

Totally agree with that.
> * what about merging some fixes in the trac ( https://trac.xiph.org/report/13 ) before the release?

No problem. once again I am not totally aware of the way all things work
here. I did not know anything about these fixes.

So I will remove this release, try to apply those fixes and release all
this as 0.8.7-rc1.
If it's alright with you,