[Vorbis-dev] Coverity and libvorbis

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sat May 19 14:50:55 PDT 2007

Ralph Giles wrote:

> > The reason I am keen to see Xiph take up this challenge is that when
> > all projects listed on the above page address the issues listed,
> > all of the projects can move to the next rung where more of the
> > Coverity tests are enabled.
>
> Everquest for developers!

Yes, but their first levelof testing found 3 genuine bugs in
libsndfile even though I compile everything with a huge number
of warning flags turned on *and* have a huge test suite.

Static analysis can find bugs that other methods cannot.

> Have you taken a look at the libvorbis bugs?

Sorry, I don't have access to them. They only provide access to
people who are directly connected to the project.

Erik