[Vorbis-dev] OggDisk?

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sun May 6 00:57:59 PDT 2007

On 5/5/07, Petr Tomasek <tomasek at etf.cuni.cz> wrote:
> I've seen many new standards on the Xiph page.
> Have you thought about creating something like
> "OggDisk", that would correspond to CD, DVD,
> BD... disks?

I have a proposal for such a thing here:

A Proposal For A Copy-Optimized DVD-Audio Format
http://www.goingware.com/notes/dvd-audio.html

A key element of it is that each track could be marked with a
machine-readible license.  The Creative Commons folks distribute an
application that does such a thing.

I plan to support making such disks in my GPL application Ogg Frog
(http://www.oggfrog.com/) but it is very early in its development, so
I won't be able to provide the feature for quite some time.

--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Music Downloads ---